New format for Vol 1 online

I see you've changed the Vol 1 format so there are no longer individual sections. My question is, are you going to update the archived sections or only the composite workbook from now on?

I feel it is much easier to work with sections versus the whole document as I jump down to answers and back up to the "to-do list". I wouldn't jump back and forth but the answer section doesn't tell you when to reload certain initial configurations. (Ref: page 2 of iewb-rs-vol1.ENTIREWORKBOOK.v5.014.pdf Bridging & Switching section where it says: "Load the Basic IP Addressing initial configurations prior to starting.")

Thx,

Vin

Comments

• just below the Entire workbook you can see Archives, here all section individually are available.

HTH

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 4:58 AM, vinman1000 <[email protected]> wrote:

I see you've changed the Vol 1 format so there are no longer individual sections. My question is, are you going to update the archived sections or only the composite workbook from now on?

I feel it is much easier to work with sections versus the whole document as I jump down to answers and back up to the "to-do list". I wouldn't jump back and forth but the answer section doesn't tell you when to reload certain initial configurations. (Ref: page 2 of iewb-rs-vol1.ENTIREWORKBOOK.v5.014.pdf Bridging & Switching section where it says: "Load the Basic IP Addressing initial configurations prior to starting.")

Thx,

Vin

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Hi,

We'll look into integrating those configuration guidelines in the "solutions" sections as well. Also, we're planning to have a changelog file in the members are that comments on the recent changes made to the document. The main reason to having one single document for VOL1 is much easier from the change management standpoint and printing version support - there is one file for both editions, and you can easily print it as it has been properly formatted.

Regards,

• Hi Petr,

I personally liked the new format so much so that I would v5.0 Dynamips Workbook was similarly organized.

Thanks in advance,