New R/S lab locations

I got the email below this morning. What do you guys think about taking the R/S lab at a pearson vue site? The only problem I really see with it is there is no one to ask clarifying questions to. Not that the proctor has ever been any great help but at least there was a chance.

New CCIE R&S Lab Exam Opportunities

To increase testing opportunities for certification candidates, Cisco® will be offering the CCIE® Routing and Switching lab exam in additional locations in April 2010, as listed below. The exams will be administered at Pearson Professional Centers which are designed for secure, high-stakes professional exams and have been used by medical, legal and other examination boards for over eight years. Cisco already uses Pearson Professional Centers to administer the practical exam for CCDE® (Cisco Certified Design Expert). More information on the centers is available at www.pearsonvue.com/cisco/ccie.

All CCIE R&S lab exams--whether taken on a Cisco campus, at Pearson Professional Centers, or at a temporary mobile lab location--are presented in the same format using the same equipment, have the same point values, and address the same exam topics. You will not need to adjust your preparation in any way.

If you’ve been thinking about scheduling your CCIE lab, this may be a great opportunity to take the exam in a location convenient to you. Contact Pearson VUE to register. If you are already scheduled for a CCIE R&S lab exam in another location, you may contact Certification Online Support for assistance in transferring your reservation. Plan to register soon; seats are limited. No other locations or dates are scheduled at this time.

CCIE R&S Lab Exam Locations

Testing Date

Bangalore, India

April 7, 2010

Beijing, PR China

April 10, 2010

Chicago, IL, USA

April 8, 2010

Dallas, TX, USA

April 8, 2010

(New) Delhi, India

April 7, 2010

Frankfurt, Germany

April 9, 2010

Guangzhou, PR China

April 9, 2010

Hyderabad, India

April 9, 2010

Istanbul, Turkey

April 8, 2010

London, UK

April 19, 2010

Montreal, Canada

April 7, 2010

Mumbai, India

April 9, 2010

Raleigh, NC, USA

April 8, 2010

San Jose, CA, USA

April 7, 2010

Sao Paolo, Brazil

April 8, 2010

Seoul, South Korea

April 13, 2010

Shanghai, PR China

April 9, 2010

Singapore

April 8, 2010

Sydney, Australia

April 13, 2010

Tokyo, Japan

April 13, 2010

Comments

• Brilliant news, this has made my day.  Hopefully more London dates to follow in 2010.  As to proctors etc, everything has +'s and -'s.

• So am I to understand this right? If you take the lab in Brussels which was the nearest for me or any location at Cisco HQ you will have a proctor there to assist where required and to clarify questions etc.

If you sit the lab at one of the Pearson sites - it will be purely remote with nothing just you and a screen for 8 hours?

I was thinking taking the exam in London would be perfect - but not really sure?

Roger

UK

• Any of you read this in the email from Cisco?

"If you are already scheduled for a CCIE R&S lab exam in another
    location, you may contact Certification Online Support for assistance
    in transferring your reservation. Plan to register soon; seats are
    limited. No other locations or dates are scheduled at this time."

I am trying to "transfer" my lab currently and I have another case open with Cisco Certification Support but as of right now, they are telling me I can't transfer my lab because I am within the 90 days. My only concern is how is any canadiate going to be able to transfer their lab to a better lab location because the new lab dates are within the 90 day period (60 to 70 days to be more exact). There are no other lab dates for new locations listed that fall outside of the "90 day" period.

• I would imagine that Cisco will have a proctor on site at PearsonVUE.  It is in Cisco's interest for this to work out well for everyone.

• <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

I agree it is in their interest, but not sure (yet) which way they're
    going.

I actually have a conference call with some of the folks in the CCIE
    team tonight, so stay tuned and we'll get information out to everyone. 
    ;)

Scott Morris, CCIEx4
    (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/Service Provider) #4713,

JNCIE-M #153, JNCIS-ER, CISSP, et al.

JNCI-M, JNCI-ER

[email protected]

Internetwork Expert, Inc.

http://www.InternetworkExpert.com

Toll Free: 877-224-8987

Outside US: 775-826-4344

Knowledge is power.

Power corrupts.

Study hard and be Eeeeviiiil......

EdinburghKev wrote:

I would imagine that Cisco will have a proctor on site at
    PearsonVUE.  It is in Cisco's interest for this to work out well for
    everyone.

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• I agree. There is no way to maintain integrity and answer questions unless some Cisco employee is there serving as a proctor. It's not like they are having these tests on a daily basis like they do CCNA, etc.

If it's once or twice a month, there has to be someone there acting as a proctor.

I knew there was way more to the RTP testing center cancellations than "Harold is moving on". It sounded too lame to be true. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

• I agree it is in their interest, but not sure (yet) which way they're
    going.

I actually have a conference call with some of the folks in the CCIE
    team tonight, so stay tuned and we'll get information out to everyone. 
    ;)

Scott Morris, CCIEx4
    (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/Service Provider) #4713,

JNCIE-M #153, JNCIS-ER, CISSP, et al.

JNCI-M, JNCI-ER

[email protected]

Internetwork Expert, Inc.

http://www.InternetworkExpert.com

Toll Free: 877-224-8987

Outside US: 775-826-4344

Knowledge is power.

Power corrupts.

Study hard and be Eeeeviiiil......

EdinburghKev wrote:

I would imagine that Cisco will have a proctor on site at
    PearsonVUE.  It is in Cisco's interest for this to work out well for
    everyone.

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

Scott, if you can put some feelers out there when you have your call, can you seek clarification on why they would state that current canidates would be allowed to "transfer" their scheduled lab to another location...obsivsouly if any IE R&S canidate does have a lab scheduled currently, they would not be able to do this because those new lab dates listed are within the 90 day period. It seems a bit misleading and I have a case open with support hoping that they can work something out since I stated my concerns back in December when all the 600+ lab seats disappeared in a matter of 24 hours.

Perhaps the Cisco online certification support team is not aware of this new venue? Again, I am a bit fustrated as this is twice now that an inconvience has been caused in my scheduling and I would hope Cisco lives up to what the put out in advertisement/newsletters.

• Is this some what like Mobile Lab 4.0, meaning, it is now a feature, not an experiment?

• This is probably one of the reasons why they switched to a paperless exam.  Now they can outsource the exam to vendors.  Don't know how they will handle the proctor thing though.  And lunch and stuff too.  Those pearson vue sites were tiny.  The ones I went to.  No cafeteria or anything.

• They should totally move the OeQ's to the written portion if they are not going to proctor them. I would feel more comfortable losing 300 bucks than 1400 due to the OeQ's.

• So if this is such a great opportunity for lab candidates to take the exam at a location that is convenient for them, why do they have days scheduled for San Jose and Raleigh?

• This is good news. Scott, if you talk to them can you ask if this will be a permanent move. It would be a lot easier for me to travel to Chicago, than to RTP because i live in St. Louis. Anyway, it would be nice to find out if this is a one time deal thing, or if this will be something available like once a month or once every couple months. That would be a step in the right direction for cisco. Bravo!

• Did we ever get an update on this new testing style from pearsonvue? Will this be an ongoing theme to have a testing center in Dallas and in Chicago? if so, that would make a lot of sense. Now cisco has all US regions covered, north, south, east and west. whereas before it was only east and west. I would think they would get a lot more business this way too.

• Pearson Vue's websites states:

Register now to take a Cisco CCIE exam being offered during April 2010 at 20 Pearson VUE Professional Test Centers around the world.

Is this ONLY available in April?

• Can anybody please find this information out? It would be very helpful to know if they will be offering the CCIE R&S in Chicago and Dallas from now on through pearsonvue. Please INE Team, if you know anything let us know.