Editing and Revision

It's my understanding that INE will be reviewing documentation periodically after this revision process is completed.  The plan is to review issues posted in the appropriate sections like this section for MPLS.  Questions will be reviewed and if corrective measures need to be taken, documents will be modified. This may include making tasks more specific, correcting errors or addressing issues of instruction clarity.  The stuff that gets posted in these forums are our way to help EACH OTHER, and INE.

The issue has been that there is so much effort going into creating the next GREAT training manual that there hasn't been time to go back and fix things the way these instructors would want to do.  Just look at Anthony's posts. He has to be frustrated.  But it's an issue of time. What has the greatest value to US the students.  Correcting spelling errors in MPLS or creating OER (or Zone Based Firewalls)?  It's not that fixing things isn't important, but creating the ESSENTIAL tools to pass the exam has been MORE important.

It boils down to the fact that there is a lot of stuff to be done, this first round of editing they are doing will be the new baseline.  From there OUR VALUABLE input will be considered in the revision process (I know previous forum posts are being reveiwed in the current process).

I've said it a dozen times and I'll say it again.  It's an incredible time to be studying to be a CCIE (R&S). Never in the history of a certification has so much input been created by so many talented instructors, and we have a chance to help in its creation and "shaping"!

Keep posting observations, suggestions, and questions.

Warmest Regards,

Terry

Comments

• Completely agreed :)

This is only way of revision process which is keeping INE ahead of other vendors. What i can understand at INE, no product is considered "closed". Each and every product is considered open for revisions, enhancements and some time completely re-writing.

Thats best part of INE, some time Instructors get frustrated and some time students :) it works both way

• You got it Nadeem!

The materials INE provides are "living documents" that will always change and evolve as the testing environment changes. That may mean they are initially not as refined as anyone would like (especially the instructors) but it also allows things like lessons learned by the instructors in Bootcamps, and Open lectures will migrate to the products in real-time. NOT on a annual revision cycle.  That CAN'T happen anywhere else but with INE!

• Because I work almost around the clock - many times my posts are terse and look angry. They are not - I am just rushing so that I can move on to the next task here.

I am never angry with students. 

I feel so blessed to be a part of this incredible, industry-leading company and its products. We also have the best students in the world I think - thus our student success rates. 

On Jan 24, 2010, at 12:38 PM, consultant wrote:

You got it Nadeem!

The materials INE provides are "living documents" that will always change and evolve as the testing environment changes. That may mean they are initially not as refined as anyone would like (especially the instructors) but it also allows things like lessons learned by the instructors in Bootcamps, and Open lectures will migrate to the products in real-time. NOT on a annual revision cycle.  That CAN'T happen anywhere else but with INE!

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Thats best part of your side. You are such a gentleman. And i know, being best always mean more things to do :) corporate life is always like this :)

Thanks again...