in
IEOC CCIE Forums

IEOC - INE's Online Community

Welcome to INE's Online Community - IEOC - a place for CCIE and CCENT candidates to connect, share, and learn. Our Online Community features CCIE forums and discussions for all tracks including Routing & Switching, Voice, Security, Service Provider, Wireless,, and Storage. Through these online communities you can discuss your questions with thousands of your peers, hundreds of CCIE's and INE's own team of world renowned CCIE instructors and authors, Brian Dennis - Quintuple CCIE #2210, Brian McGahan – Triple CCIE #8593, Petr Lapukhov - Quad CCIE #16379, and Mark Snow - Dual CCIE #14073.
Latest post 04-26-2017 6:04 PM by Martinl. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-15-2017 6:30 PM

wrong into this lecture

Hi everyone into IEOC

MR/keith bogart have BIG Mistake into this lecture

into my review into this lecture, into video 83- Eigrp Implementing

he said that if we make :-

router eigrp as

variance 2

it will accept all these routes and put them into eigrp RT,and that`s FAULSE

because when we make variance , the variance output must be applies with all routes that`s meet the (feasibility condition first)before it inserted into local eigrp RT

and if we look at all these routes into this example, we`ll find that nothing of all these routes will meet (the FC)

so this is WRONG

THANKS

• Post Points: 35
  • 04-16-2017 1:10 PM In reply to

• JoeM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2012
    • Guadalajara, Mexico
    • Elite
    • Points 31,545

Re: wrong into this lecture

I think that that the instructor's slide is only simplifying the explanation of the EIGRP VARIANCE command, and he is using very low numbers (100, 180, 240) that represent the total distance.

But you are correct that if these numbers represented the Reported Distance from each number, they would need to pass the Feasibility Condition.

• Post Points: 20
  • 04-17-2017 5:54 PM In reply to

Yes

• Post Points: 5
  • 04-24-2017 8:31 AM In reply to

Mohammed,

While your understanding of the relationship of Variance to the EIGRP Feasibility Condition is correct, your interpretation of my video is incorrect. Nowhere in that portion of the video did I state that those values are "REPORTED DISTANCE" values.  I said (and wrote) that they are DISTANCE values.  Nowhere in that whiteboard do I show what the original Reported Distance (aka Advertised Distance) values were before the final Distance to each path was calculated, so there is no way for you to infer that my Variance example was incorrect.

If you don't know the difference I would recommend doing a little more research.  And the next time you decide to use words in big, bold print about someone's work like "WRONG" and "FAULSE" I would highly suggest you contact the author first to ensure that your interpretation of the subject matter is actually correct.

• 04-24-2017 10:14 AM In reply to

kbogart:

Mohammed,

While your understanding of the relationship of Variance to the EIGRP Feasibility Condition is correct, your interpretation of my video is incorrect. Nowhere in that portion of the video did I state that those values are "REPORTED DISTANCE" values.  I said (and wrote) that they are DISTANCE values.  Nowhere in that whiteboard do I show what the original Reported Distance (aka Advertised Distance) values were before the final Distance to each path was calculated, so there is no way for you to infer that my Variance example was incorrect.

hi MY SIR

i think you mention that`s into the lecture , but maybe the wrong from my side

anyway, ok thanks for your reply

i hope to take this flower from me Smile

• 04-24-2017 12:40 PM In reply to

• JoeM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2012
    • Guadalajara, Mexico
    • Elite
    • Points 31,545

• Post Points: 5