in
IEOC CCIE Forums

IEOC - INE's Online Community

Welcome to INE's Online Community - IEOC - a place for CCIE and CCENT candidates to connect, share, and learn. Our Online Community features CCIE forums and discussions for all tracks including Routing & Switching, Voice, Security, Service Provider, Wireless,, and Storage. Through these online communities you can discuss your questions with thousands of your peers, hundreds of CCIE's and INE's own team of world renowned CCIE instructors and authors, Brian Dennis - Quintuple CCIE #2210, Brian McGahan – Triple CCIE #8593, Petr Lapukhov - Quad CCIE #16379, and Mark Snow - Dual CCIE #14073.
Latest post 12-15-2016 6:35 AM by pgallo@trimnet.it. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-13-2016 5:19 AM

QOS- Different between cir and without

Hello,

When i configure the police under some class, 

what a different if i type the comand for example :

police cir 64 k bc 3200  be 6400 

against 

police  64 k 3200   6400

if there are some different?

Thank you. 

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • 12-15-2016 6:35 AM In reply to

Re: QOS- Different between cir and without

Hi,

From what i can say the difference is mostly conceptual. With term "cir" you specify  a minimum guaranteed bandwidth which is relevant for a particular class of traffic. Without option "cir", value is commented as target rate to your class which is not minimum guaranteed bandwidth under a particular flow or set of flow. It is instead maximum bandwidth that class can sustain. So there shouldn't be any implication in traffic handling from device perspective at least on IOS device which i tested. However by using other policing schemes with oversubscription for example you could deal with pir which becomes target rate allowed for that class.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
IEOC CCIE Forums Internetwork Expert CCIE Training
About IEOC | Terms of Use | RSS | Privacy Policy
© 2010 Internetwork Expert, Inc. All Rights Reserved