in
IEOC CCIE Forums

IEOC - INE's Online Community

Welcome to INE's Online Community - IEOC - a place for CCIE and CCENT candidates to connect, share, and learn. Our Online Community features CCIE forums and discussions for all tracks including Routing & Switching, Voice, Security, Service Provider, Wireless,, and Storage. Through these online communities you can discuss your questions with thousands of your peers, hundreds of CCIE's and INE's own team of world renowned CCIE instructors and authors, Brian Dennis - Quintuple CCIE #2210, Brian McGahan – Triple CCIE #8593, Petr Lapukhov - Quad CCIE #16379, and Mark Snow - Dual CCIE #14073.
Latest post 10-04-2016 5:45 PM by ccie-dreamer. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2015 6:49 AM

Which images do I use for INE workbook?

Hi! Guys,

could you please tell me Which images do I use for INE workbook (both Router/Switch)?

Thank!

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • 11-11-2015 5:24 PM In reply to

Re: Which images do I use for INE workbook?

INE WBs are based on CSR1000v image, which is free from cisco.  you would need ESX server from vmware; some others have use CSR image on vmware workstation if u have high-end PC.

Other lab set-ups are based on IOU and/or GNS3. Cisco has CCIE Lab builder, and VIRL for labbing

CCIE RS lab is based on IOS 15.3.T and 15.0 SE for switching

some more info is on CLN:

"Candidates who want to prepare using their own hardware-based labs can use the following equipment and Cisco IOS Software Releases:

• Cisco ISR 2900 Series routers running IOS version 15.3T Universal Software release
    • Catalyst 3560X Series switches running IOS version 15.0SE Universal (IP Services) Software release

Any other hardware platform that can run equivalent Cisco IOS Software Release 15.3T or 15.0SE may be used as well.

Note that older equipment platforms and Cisco IOS Software Releases may be used to learn and practice a significant portion of the exam curriculum."

source: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccie_routing_switching/lab_exam_v5/study-material

• Post Points: 50
  • 11-12-2015 12:33 AM In reply to

• tmanito
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-11-2012
    • Philippines
    • Elite
    • Points 4,360

is CSR1000v also used in CCNA?

• 11-12-2015 7:04 AM In reply to

The CCNA and CCNP (R&S) Lab Workbooks were built based on the assumption that a learner is using our rack rentals to rent time on our CCNA/CCNP Racks.  Those racks do not use any virtual equipment (CSRs or IOU).

Here is a listing of the equipment and software currently in use on those racks:

• Cisco Catalyst 3560 switches: c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE9.bin
    • Cisco 2811 Routers: c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.153-3.XB12.bin
    • Cisco 1841 Routers: c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.153-3.XB12.bin

Kind regards,

Keith

• Post Points: 50
  • 11-12-2015 7:41 AM In reply to

Hi! kbogart, Thank you very much - i really appreciate your help. Now I got it.

regards,

Redmi GinxBig Smile

• Post Points: 5
  • 11-12-2015 7:43 AM In reply to

Hi! Martinl, first of all, thank you very much. You always make everything clear & very detail. now I got it.

regards,

Redmi GinxBig Smile

• 11-12-2015 7:56 AM In reply to

Noted with many thanks. Bros!

• 11-12-2015 8:54 PM In reply to

Officially Cisco switched L3/l2 switches to IOS 15.x as well. but u can still use 12.2 if study for CCNA; just read topics on licenses and versions of 15 code.   12.x not good for CCNP and above.

• 11-13-2015 9:20 AM In reply to

Unfortunately our CCNA/CCNP racks only contain the POE-version of the 3560s...which only have 16Mb of Flash.  There is no way to upgrade that memory on these switches (it is internal in the chassis), and all of the supported 15.x versions require a minimum of 32Mb of Flash.

Since we don't have any plans to upgrade these switches to a different model, I guess we're stuck with 12.2 code.

On the brighter side...I've been able to practice every single CCNP topic I can think of on these racks and have never been limited by this code on the switches.

Please let all of us know if there are any 15.x-unique features that one must know about (and be able to practice) on the switches.

Keith

• 10-04-2016 5:45 PM In reply to

Hi there,

Could you please help me find this IOS Image file for a 2811 Router: c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.153-3.XB12.bin

It is not available from the Cisco website, but I know that it is out there.

Could you please chare that IOS with me?

I hope you can. 

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
IEOC CCIE Forums Internetwork Expert CCIE Training
About IEOC | Terms of Use | RSS | Privacy Policy
© 2010 Internetwork Expert, Inc. All Rights Reserved