in
IEOC CCIE Forums

IEOC - INE's Online Community

Welcome to INE's Online Community - IEOC - a place for CCIE and CCENT candidates to connect, share, and learn. Our Online Community features CCIE forums and discussions for all tracks including Routing & Switching, Voice, Security, Service Provider, Wireless,, and Storage. Through these online communities you can discuss your questions with thousands of your peers, hundreds of CCIE's and INE's own team of world renowned CCIE instructors and authors, Brian Dennis - Quintuple CCIE #2210, Brian McGahan – Triple CCIE #8593, Petr Lapukhov - Quad CCIE #16379, and Mark Snow - Dual CCIE #14073.
Latest post 01-22-2017 2:13 AM by warriorfan808. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2017 2:13 AM

Christian Matei's CCNA Video ASA Basic Routing Part 2

Hey guys,

I'm following on while using my ASA 5510.  He puts EIGRP on the ASA, but then types in, "no aut" and saying, "no auto summary".  Did he mean, "no auth-prompt" or "no auto-update".  

Here's Auth-prompt:

To specify or change the AAA challenge text for through-the-security appliance user sessions, use the auth-prompt command in global configuration mode. To remove the authentication challenge text, use the no form of this command. auth-prompt prompt [prompt | accept | reject] string no auth-prompt prompt [ prompt | accept | reject]

Here's Auto Update:

To configure the security appliance device ID for use with an Auto Update Server, use the auto-update device-id command in global configuration mode. To remove the device ID, use the no form of this command. auto-update device-id [hardware-serial | hostname | ipaddress [if_name] | mac-address [if_name] | string text] no auto-update device-id [hardware-serial | hostname | ipaddress [if_name] | mac-address [if_name] | string text]

I don't have an auto summary option on my 8810.  I understand what it's used for on a router.   I'm just wondering if he just typed it in and possibly made a mistake.  

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
IEOC CCIE Forums Internetwork Expert CCIE Training
About IEOC | Terms of Use | RSS | Privacy Policy
© 2010 Internetwork Expert, Inc. All Rights Reserved