in
IEOC CCIE Forums

IEOC - INE's Online Community

Welcome to INE's Online Community - IEOC - a place for CCIE and CCENT candidates to connect, share, and learn. Our Online Community features CCIE forums and discussions for all tracks including Routing & Switching, Voice, Security, Service Provider, Wireless,, and Storage. Through these online communities you can discuss your questions with thousands of your peers, hundreds of CCIE's and INE's own team of world renowned CCIE instructors and authors, Brian Dennis - Quintuple CCIE #2210, Brian McGahan – Triple CCIE #8593, Petr Lapukhov - Quad CCIE #16379, and Mark Snow - Dual CCIE #14073.
Latest post 01-09-2017 12:55 AM by timaz. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-29-2016 12:16 AM

• timaz
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-04-2009
    • turkey, ankara
    • Elite
    • Points 6,985

a Q regarding guest users and ISE

Hi;

I configure ISE to redirect the guest users toward the Guest portal and everything works fine. but at the end, ISE adds the guest's MAC address to the local DB and the second time the same person wants to access the network, its MAC address matches an authorization rule that I had created for known clients. 

how can prevent ISE from adding MAC addresses of guest users automatically to the internal MAB DB?  

Timaz Mohsenzadeh

TCPuniverse.com

Ciscoworlds@gmail.com

Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 5
  • 01-04-2017 5:58 AM In reply to

• timaz
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-04-2009
    • turkey, ankara
    • Elite
    • Points 6,985

Re: a Q regarding guest users and ISE

Hi guys; the new year holidays are over. Stick out tongue isn't there anybody here to take a look at my problem? I appreciate any reply.

Timaz Mohsenzadeh

TCPuniverse.com

Ciscoworlds@gmail.com

• 01-09-2017 12:55 AM In reply to

• timaz
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-04-2009
    • turkey, ankara
    • Elite
    • Points 6,985

Re: a Q regarding guest users and ISE

due to the lack of the response here, I'm going to post my own answer here that I found by myself. hope this help someone else who needs this.

I was using a very comprehensive rule that matched most of the conditions. So I added a static EndPoint Group and placed my manually created known MAC addresses inside that group and edited the condition part of the "Basic_Authenticated_Access" authz rule to contain just that EndPoint Identity Group. this time, every time a guest user wants to access the network, he goes through the whole process as expected. 

Timaz Mohsenzadeh

TCPuniverse.com

Ciscoworlds@gmail.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
IEOC CCIE Forums Internetwork Expert CCIE Training
About IEOC | Terms of Use | RSS | Privacy Policy
© 2010 Internetwork Expert, Inc. All Rights Reserved