in
IEOC CCIE Forums

IEOC - INE's Online Community

Welcome to INE's Online Community - IEOC - a place for CCIE and CCENT candidates to connect, share, and learn. Our Online Community features CCIE forums and discussions for all tracks including Routing & Switching, Voice, Security, Service Provider, Wireless,, and Storage. Through these online communities you can discuss your questions with thousands of your peers, hundreds of CCIE's and INE's own team of world renowned CCIE instructors and authors, Brian Dennis - Quintuple CCIE #2210, Brian McGahan – Triple CCIE #8593, Petr Lapukhov - Quad CCIE #16379, and Mark Snow - Dual CCIE #14073.
Latest post 11-07-2016 4:26 PM by Martinl. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-03-2016 4:05 PM

V5 Advanced Troubleshooting Lab 2 - Ticket #4

Hello, 
    I have a question about ticket #4 for CCIE R&S v5 Troubleshooting Lab 2. One of the solutions is that- R5 has no usable address to set as the Forwarding Address despite having 2 interfaces in ospf process 1 for area 34. is it required that the forwarding address not have any neighbors or be a loopback address?   any assistance and/or links to reference materials would be greatly appreciated.
    The documenation i found published by cisco provides the following criteria for selecting a forwarding address on the ASBR whcih appears to indicate is is possible to use the Ip from a physical interface as the forwarding address
    Forwarding address is selected on ASBR using the following rules:
    - If there is a loopback configured in the area then IP address of loopback is selected as forwarding address.

- If first condition is not met then IP address of first interface on the OSPF interface list is selected as forwarding address. You can see OSPF interface list by using "show ip ospf interface brief" command. The interface on top will be the last interface which was attached to OSPF. 
    Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • 11-07-2016 4:26 PM In reply to

Re: V5 Advanced Troubleshooting Lab 2 - Ticket #4

I think this ticket is a tricky one. I will check once I m home

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
IEOC CCIE Forums Internetwork Expert CCIE Training
About IEOC | Terms of Use | RSS | Privacy Policy
© 2010 Internetwork Expert, Inc. All Rights Reserved