in
IEOC CCIE Forums

IEOC - INE's Online Community

Welcome to INE's Online Community - IEOC - a place for CCIE and CCENT candidates to connect, share, and learn. Our Online Community features CCIE forums and discussions for all tracks including Routing & Switching, Voice, Security, Service Provider, Wireless,, and Storage. Through these online communities you can discuss your questions with thousands of your peers, hundreds of CCIE's and INE's own team of world renowned CCIE instructors and authors, Brian Dennis - Quintuple CCIE #2210, Brian McGahan – Triple CCIE #8593, Petr Lapukhov - Quad CCIE #16379, and Mark Snow - Dual CCIE #14073.
Latest post 07-31-2016 5:20 AM by mhughes@ine.com. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-31-2016 4:11 AM

EZVPN .... endpoint not ready for request

In preparation to begin CCIE Coll studies, I have been having some test runs to connect to ine racks with my hardware and phones as I am not familiar with it, the features and capabilities. 
    I have 2811, 3560, 3x9971, 3x7962 configured as per rack rental guide. 
    Day 1 (corack6) - VPN connected and ping tests were succcessful. 
    Day 2 (corack9) & Day 3 (corack4) - VPN connected phase 1 and 2 with IPSec encaps/decaps incrementing. However all ping test fail. 
    Error msg:
    EZVPN: User connect request ignored,tunnel INECORACK endpoint not ready for request
    Has anyone experienced this before? How can I resolve?
    Nothing has changed hardware or connection on my end since Day 1 successful connection. 
    16 tokens burned. My fault or rack?
    • Post Points: 20
  • 07-31-2016 5:20 AM In reply to

Re: EZVPN .... endpoint not ready for request

Hi,

All of the CO racks use the same VPN endpoint - a 2911 router.  If you have issues with the layer 3 VPN connection on one rack you will have the same issue with all CO racks.  The most common cause of connectivity issues is leaving out the 'no crypto isakmp aggressive-mode disable' configuration line on your VPN endpoint. 

If you look in the CO Rack Access Guide you will see the sample configurations to use for your VPN endpoint (that is doing layer 3 VPN and also layer 2 tunneling) and for your local switch.  There is also a page giving you the test credentials that you can use to test your layer 3 VPN connection before your scheduled session.  

Make sure you are not blocking the ISAKMP UDP traffic on a firewall and that you have a stable IOS version for your router.

The CO VPN endpoint is running 15.2(4)M6.

I hope that provides some help.  If you continue to have issues, please check your configuration on your endpoint against the sample configuration provided and see if there are any discrepancies.

Sincerely,

Matthew Hughes
    Data Center Manager
    mhughes@ine.com
    Http://www.ine.com

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
IEOC CCIE Forums Internetwork Expert CCIE Training
About IEOC | Terms of Use | RSS | Privacy Policy
© 2010 Internetwork Expert, Inc. All Rights Reserved